Today, the Chronic Dev Team released Absinthe v2.0 – the first 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak since iOS 5.0.1! The new utility also includes support for Apple’s latest A5 (iPhone 4S, iPad 2) and A5X (3rd-generation iPad) devices.
First, before we begin, You Will Need the following:
- An A5X (3rd-gen iPad), A5 (iPhone 4S, iPad 2), A4 (iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th-gen, iPad 1) device or older (iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd-gen) running Apple’s iOS 5.1.1
- Absinthe 2.0 (Available in the download section)
1. Open Absinthe after downloading it and place the app in an easy to access location -preferably the desktop
- (if you’re on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you’ll need to right click Absinthe, set the compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and run it as an administrator)
2. Plug your device in via USB and click “Jailbreak”
3. Leave your device plugged in and leave it connected until you see “Done, enjoy!”
- Note 1: The first three processes inside of Absinthe will certainly take a while to complete and vary depending on your iDevice and computer
- Note 2: MAKE SURE you REMOVE your security passcode before you Jailbreak (you can reset it once your device is Jailbroken)
Congratulations, you now have an Untethered Jailbreak on iOS 5.1.1!
Untethered: Your device is untethered, which means you don’t have to plug it in to a computer and re-run a certain part of the Absinthe utility upon rebooting it – simply power it off and back on
- Click to be taken to my Untethered 5.1.1 Jailbreak tutorial for the iPhone 4S,4,3Gs, iPod Touch 4,3 and the iPad,3,2