This post will walk you through the simple steps required to root your Amazon Kindle Fire running on 6.2.1 and gain Superuser access - it’s the Android equivalent to Jailbreaking iOS devices.
Steps (Windows only):
1. Download and extract the latest version of Kindle Fire Utility from the download section below
2. Plug your Kindle Fire into your computer via a Micro USB cable, open the Kindle Fire Utility folder and run the “install_drivers” Batch File
3. Click “Yes” every time a User Accounts Control prompt pops up
NOTE: When installing the drivers on your computer, it might differ slightly from what’s demonstrated in the tutorial (it’s very self-explanatory though)
4. Run the Batch File inside of the Kindle Fire Utility folder that’s called “run”
5. Type “3″ and hit return (or enter) to install a permanent root with superuser
You have now successfully rooted (Jailbroken) your Kindle Fire! Also, Kindle Fire Utility can do additional things (as demonstrated in the video) – however, use the other options with caution.
Stay tuned for more awesome Amazon Kindle Fire tutorials.